Login to see salary
As the region’s financial controller and expert, you will provide overall strategic financial management direction and will support the regional and Country Programs’ (CPs) efforts in ensuring that the agency finance strategy is implemented throughout the region in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your expertise will help ensure the implementation of robust financial policies, procedures and practices put in place to control an increasingly complex and challenging funding and operational environment.
· Monitor, analyze and provide guidance to regional and CPs’ Senior Management Teams, project leads and CP Finance leads on budget development and management; accounting and financial reporting policies, tools, and guidelines; and cash flow/treasury management to ensure effective financial resources management throughout the whole budget cycle and over the life of various projects.
· Review and assess CPs’ financial management systems, policies, processes, and practices, and assist with resolving issues and implementing preventive and corrective actions to ensure consistent attainment of financial management ‘standards of excellence’ and compliance with agency and donor financial management requirements.
· Prepare and provide accurate and timely regional-level financial analysis reports and other reports on financial trends and indicators to provide guidance with decision-making and efficient and effective financial resource management.
· Lead on assessing professional development needs of Finance staff in the region and ensure focused plans for mentoring and capacity building to strengthen financial management service quality.
· Act as the regional liaison and a key point of contact on all finance-related matters with HQ, donors, internal and external auditors, and other external stakeholders.
· Provide guidance to CPs on risk management and internal controls in preparing for internal and external audits and in responding to audit issues and follow up with the implementation of the audit recommendations.
· Make significant contributions to the agency Finance Community of Practice and the Global Finance agenda.
· Contribute to the implementation of local leadership and ASIA workforce strategy by leading the workforce planning and talent mapping for finance staff in the region.
· Supervise the Deputy RFO.
· As a member of, and in collaboration with, the Regional Leadership Team, contribute to the development of regional priorities and strategy as well as resource allocations at regional level.
· Guide regional efforts to contribute to the agency cost efficiency and stewardship.
· Provide technical support to country program on grant management, covering all stages of project management and actively contribute t partners’ financial management capacity strengthening.
· Regional lead on the Project Insight for Finance and Planning & Budgeting (system rollout, policy/procedures, training and technical supports); ensure close coordination between Finance and Supply Chain for relevant financial processes (such as month-end close).
· B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent) required. MBA or Master’s degree in related field with a focus on accounting preferred. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly preferred.
· Minimum of seven years of accounting experience in an international operations environment.
· Additional education may substitute for some experience.
· Excellent relationship management skills with ability to negotiate, influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision.
· Excellent strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
· Very good review, monitoring and planning skills with a strong eye for detail.
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented.
To support us!
Please mention www.hrincjobs.com as a source you found the job in your applied email.