Job TypePermanent Job
Exp. LevelSenior Executive/Officer
Job FunctionInformation Technology
Required LanguageEnglish , Khmer
DeadlineDec 21, 2023
There is an increasing demand for digital health to support a variety of healthcare goals, including promoting health and wellness, improving healthcare delivery, and empowering patients to manage their own health more effectively. Digital health can be utilized in the context of immunization to increase awareness and access to immunization services, monitor immunization coverage, and enhance the efficiency and efficacy of immunization programs.
In light of this, NIP seeks a digital immunization officer to support its efforts in implementing, promoting, and building capacity for the use of digital technologies in the immunization program. The officer will be stationed at the National Immunization Program (NIP) and will work closely with other relevant Ministry of Health (MoH) departments to ensure the effective implementation of digital health interventions for immunization programs.
The TA will coordinate and support digital health for the immunization program under the supervision of the Deputy Manager, NIP and in accordance with established MoH policies, guidelines, and procedures. The TA will provide operational and technical support daily for the identification, design, implementation, evaluation, and integration of digital innovation into the immunization program, as well as strengthen internal capacity, engage with key partners, and maximize potential for the scale-up and sustainability of technology and digital innovation for the immunization programme.
- Support development, implementation and management of digital initiatives for immunization including, inter alia, Electronic Immunization Registry (EIR), electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS), and monitoring and evaluation tools
- Coordinate with other Ministry departments for all digital health initiatives (such as Department of Planning and Health Information and Ministry of Planning) and represent NIP in technical meetings (related technical working groups, steering committees, etc.)
- Provide day-to-day IT support to NIP and sub-national Expanded Program for Immunization (EPI) as required
- Support capacity building for NIP and sub-national EPI staff on the use of IT and implementation of digital initiatives for immunization, addressing challenges and queries that arise and identifying opportunities for improvement
- Work closely with NIP staff and partners to support immunization related data collection and analysis required for NIP decision-making, including use of the routine immunization program management dashboard
- Participate in monitoring, evaluation, and assessments of digital health activities, including field visits to assure the quality of immunization data
- Any other activity as may be assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (public health, computer science, or information management)
- Minimum 5 years’ of relevant professional experience at the national level in designing and implementing digital health programs, and health information systems, is required
- Experience with digital health, including planning, designing, costing, and supporting implementation of national / sub-national programs
- Experience with capacity building, including planning, designing, costing and supporting implementation of national / sub-national programs
- Experience with HMIS, and other relevant digital health platforms
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge of national and international standards for immunization data management and reporting is an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken Khmer and good written and spoken English
TitleSenior Recruitment Coordinator
Phone Number+855 69666446 / +855 89737319
AddressHouse #10, Street 242, Sangkat Chaktomuk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.