Job TypePermanent Job
Job FunctionMedia and Communication
DeadlineFeb 13, 2022
The Arbitration Council Foundation (ACF) is a non-political and not-for-profit organization. ACF supports the operations of Cambodia’s Arbitration Council (AC), which is an independent national institution established by Law to resolve labor disputes. Supported by the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training, employers and unions, the AC/F is recognized as a model institution for justice in labor dispute resolution in Cambodia and has been praised by national and international communities.
ACF is seeking a talented and experienced Cambodian national with outstanding qualifications for the following position of Communication Officer (CO) based in Phnom Penh. This is a challenging and rewarding position with a high level of responsibility.
The Communications Officer will be required to perform the following tasks, but not limited to the below task:
1. ACF library and publications:
- Develop and maintain ACF library, including inventory of publications and obtaining new publications
- Assist in preparation of ACF’s information and publications and publicity information, including Arbitral Award Compilations, brochures, etc.
2. Website & Social Media Management and Content Production:
- Assist in the development and maintenance of AC’s and ACF’s websites, update and re-designing the AC and ACF web pages
- Assist in writing AC/F related news
- Film and edit documentary and short videos on trainings and conference, including dissemination videos on Facebook, YouTube, and website
- Oversee social media and make interactions as required
- Monitor, gather, and interpret the users data of ACF’s social media communications tools.
3. Media relations:
- Monitor and prepare media clips related to AC and ACF, and other relevant Industrial Relations topics, and inform the Training and Relation Manager (TRM), Executive Director (ED) and other ACF staff regarding such news.
- Draft correction letters to media outlets in order to correct factual errors in reporting on the AC and ACF
- Respond to media inquiries for basic information (sending brochures and press packs)
- Develop press packs for the AC and ACF
- Develop and maintain lists of media contacts
- Assist in the development and implement policy for communications with media, including proactive and reactive plans of action
- Draft press releases and articles on AC and ACF, as appropriate and directed by TRM.
4. Stakeholder relations:
- Develop and maintain list of stakeholder contacts (employers, workers, government, NGOs, etc.)
- Assist in the development and implement policy for communications with stakeholders
- Publicize legal trainings for stakeholders
- Assist in organization of National Industrial Relations conference, employer and employee ‘mixers’, and other public events hosted by ACF
5. External relations:
- Develop and implement policy for visibility of AC and ACF
- Respond to request from people who would like to visit the AC and ACF
- Respond to the in-coming email inquiring about ACF and forward those inquiries to relevant ACF staff.
6. Other responsibilities:
- Participate in and assist in organization of meetings/activities as requested by ACF policies and staff
- Provide technical assistance to ACF with respect to reporting requirements as directed by TRM.
- Provide assistance to other colleagues at the ACF, as appropriate.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the TRM.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations; or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area combined with university degree in a related field
- At least 2 years of practical experience in coordination and implementation of projects, communication planning or strategies
- Experience in working with media organizations, using computers and office software packages including, but not limited to: Content Management Systems, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Photojournalism, and video editing program
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the process for producing broadcast media tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Khmer and English.
NameMrs. THIV Sophoeun
TitleSenior Associate Recruitment Consultant
Phone Number+855 15293919 / +855 17903099
AddressHouse #10, Street 242, Sangkat Chaktomuk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.