MEP Design Manager will mainly be responsible for supporting the implementation and managing the control of the design process to ensure that the design and procurement of specialist packages are delivered to meet project requirements and are in line with cost parameters.
- Manage the development and implementation of design proposals ensuring they meet customer requirements including budget constraints, presenting proposals for approval to the customer. The design should deliver:
o Safety in construction,
o Use Quality within affordable parameters,
o Ease of maintenance, energy efficiency with minimum environmental impact,
o Innovation to meet customer goals and positive impact on the local community
- Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design Team including M&E elements:
o This includes, where necessary, the management of any 3rd parties or design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications,
o Where necessary, checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd parties.
- Provide advice and guidance on the "build ability" of the design proposals to the design and construction teams on all packages.
- Liaise with all statutory bodies/authorities as required.
- Lead the development and management of the design deliverables program:
o Ensure there is a clear schedule of design deliverables
o Report regularly on MEP deliverables progress for inclusion in project reports
o Identify issues causing risk or delay to the project
o Attend design progress reviews and interface meetings
o Lead problem solving and resolution of design issues
- Review Client requirements and review consultant/supplier design deliverables against these and Consultant Design Agreement
o Meet with design professional organizations and client to maintain exchange of ideas and information
o Follow mechanical, electrical, electronic, plumbing, and firefighting trends and advancements
o Participate and provide MEP expertise to project/technical teams.
o Participate in and provide advice to clients/technical teams
o Manage and ensure accountability for staff
o Provide direction and active participation on preparation of new design
o Work collaboratively with HR/Admin, Accounting & Finance, Procurement, BDD, Site Team
o Work collaboratively with stakeholders to coordinate design review
- Perform other duties as assigned
- At least holding Bachelor Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Electronics, Fire Fighting, and Plumbing engineering, or other closely related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experienced in MEP with 3 years experiences in supervisory
- Professional software skills: AutoCad, 3Ds max Vray, Sketch up and Photoshop.
- Proven experience in delivering design services within a Work Winning environment and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills
- Be self–motivated, show confidence and professionalism
- Ability to work on initiative and able to cope with changing environments
- Multi–task, and excellent attention to detail
- Be a team player,
- Able to work independently under tight timelines and pressure.
- Good in English language in both written and spoken.
- Being able to travel to sites/provinces and mobilize the workplace
To support us!
Please mention www.hrincjobs.com as a source you found the job in your applied email.